Brisbane Bites is a group food review blog - born because we are going to be located in Brisbane for at least 6 months and have started a joint mission is to try at least one new restaurant a week. Hope you enjoy the ride!

Friday, December 3, 2010

Sardine Tin

A previous lonely Monday, I was walking around Southbank (waiting for my Beastie Burger to be cooked) when I spotted this lovely, wine bar.   I was enchanted with the name and decor and decided that this would be the place for our weekly team dinner.






Arriving at 7pm, we didn't make reservations, but I was charmed by the chalk reservation handwritten onto another table.  The three of us perched on some high chairs, and proceeded to choose items off the menu and wine list.


We chose 3 share plates of tapas.   They were all delicious!    We started with some marinated mushrooms, anchovies and fresh beetroot with goats cheese.   We then had lovely calamari, chicken wings, and smoked salmon with asparagus.   And yet another with pork belly and sardines.   

Finally, we decided to share a cheese platter and indulge in some dessert wine (although Gary opted for Port).   Really great cheese platter with plenty of variety.  I enjoyed the dried muscatel grapes, and thought the touch of honey comb honey was a great alternative to fig paste.




Thoroughly delicious, and I only hope to find a restaurant like this back in Sydney so I can enjoy it!

I'm giving Sardine Tin a 9/10.

Sardine Tin is at Shop 3A, Little Stanley Street, South Bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment